HTML DOM Interview Questions and Answers
What is the main function of DOM?
- The DOM is known as Document object model and it allows the accessing of the documents like HTML and XML.
- It allows a platform to be language neutral and provide an interface that allows the dynamic usage of the scripts and programs to access the content.
- It also provides a way to update the content, structure and style of the document and a way to represent it in any language.
- It is used with the language and used to create the objects that can be used as a model to allow the interface to be developed with ease.
What is XML family?
Display : XHTML, XSLT, XSL
Modeling : DTD, XML Schema
Manipulating : DOM, SAX
Querying : Xlink, XQL, Xpath
What are the functionalities performed by onload() and onUpload()?
- onload() and onUpload() are two functions that gets activated or the event gets triggered when the user enters or leaves the page.
- onload() event is used to verify and check the user’s visit according to the browser’s type and it loads a version of the event.
- It provides the web page information that allows easy access to the website and consists of the information regarding the event that is triggered.
- Onload() and onUpload() events uses the cookies to hold down the values given by the users when it enters or leaves the page.
- This includes the example of a popup that opens up as many times the user is visiting the first page of the website.
Explain the syntax of UI object identifier used by DOM extension?
The DOM browser extension uses the following syntax for web UI objects:
- page_title is the title of the web page, defined by the HTML TITLE tag.
- object_tag is the label of the HTML element. How a HTML element is labeled depending on the type of HTML element.
What are the levels involved in DOM?
- DOM is used to define the object with its properties that is having all the document elements and the methods allowing access to them.
- DOM is known as document object model is divided into three different parts or levels:
- Core DOM is used for the standard model for all the structures and the structured documents.
- XML DOM is used as a standard model for the XML documents that can be different according to the different requirements.
- HTML DOM is used to have a standard model used for the HTML documents having the properties and functions.