HTML5 is the latest release of the HTML standard on WWW (world wide web). This new HTML5 has so many features like video playback and drag-and-drop directly without any dependency on third-party browser plug-ins like Flash etc. There are some elements like < header >, < footer >, < nav > and < article > that can easily define the layout of any website.
New in HTML5?
- The DOCTYPE declaration for HTML5 is very simple:
- The character encoding (charset) declaration is also very simple.
- New semantic elements like < header >, < footer >, < article > and < section >.
- New form control attributes like number, date, time, calendar, and range.
- New graphic elements like < svg > and < canvas >.
- New multimedia elements < audio > and < video >.
HTML5 is designed as backward compatible with existing web browsers. To understand the HTML5 effectively then the user must need to aware with the earlier version of HTML.
Elements Removed in HTML5
The following HTML4 elements have been removed from HTML5:
|< acronym > ||< abbr >|
|< applet > ||< object >|
|< basefont > ||CSS|
|< big > ||CSS|
|< center >|| CSS|
|< dir >|| < ul >|
|< font > ||CSS|
|< frame >|| |
|< frameset >|| |
|< noframes >|| |
|< strike >|| CSS|
|< tt > ||CSS|