Who should do this course?
Maintenance and Technical peoples who work on the floor are the main targeted audience.
Why should do this course?
5S is a structured housekeeping and workplace organization program involving everybody in a work area. It will lead to:
- a reduction in wasted time and effort
- improved productivity
- better safety
- improved workforce engagement
- a significant reduction in workplace frustration
The objective of this training is very clear with focusing on the below
- Understanding the concept of 5S
- Knowledge on the tools used in 5S programs
- Employee engagement on 5S initiatives
- Employees all speaking the same language
- Faster implementation of 5S programs
The below are the course outlines -
- Understanding what 5S is as well as the steps to implementing 5S.
- Why Visual Order Virtual Control is so important.
- Managing, monitoring and empowering the workforce.
- Sort - The first step. Learn exactly what sorting is and how to go about it.
- Set in Order / Straighten - Low level and high level workplace organization. This important step is far more than lining things up in straight rows. By the end of this workshop you will understand why.
- Shine - clean, paint and eliminate sources of filth to make cleaning an easier task.
- Standardize - Make routine best practice.
- Sustain - audits, 5S scoreboards, management reviews, refreshing a 5S program.