Looking for career-oriented AWS certification then you are at the right place. In today’s article, we are describing all you need to know about AWS certification. However, Amazon web services offer very few certificates, yet they bundle up a very powerful punch. If you are looking for something that can boost up the salary potential and high in-demand program, it could be a better option.
AWS is a subsidiary of Amazon and serving the three most prominent services such as computing, storage, and networking around Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3). Apart from these, company deals in database and analytics, applications, developer tools, and much more.
Why you should go for AWS certification?
Amazon is a well-known Ecommerce company dealing in consumer goods. Being a dominant player in the cloud computing market place, a large number of big companies relies on AWS services to make their business hum. Some names are Comcast, Dow Jones, Expedia, Kellogg’s, and Netflix. Kist looking at its popularity and growing scope, it is predicted that cloud market will reach by $236 by 2020 and hence positioned to retain a significant lead over its closest competitors named, Google, Microsoft, and IBM.
The portfolio of AWS certification is basically simple and hence includes three Associate certificates and two professional certificates, which comes under below three categories:
- Architecting: Professionals, who can design and deploy the system on AWS platform, come in this category. So, the candidates can start with the AWS certified solutions – Architect Associate and then move t the Professional Cert.
- Developing: Professionals, who can develop and maintain AWS applications, come under this category. Initially, the candidates can start with AWS Certified Developer – Associate and then for the professional level, there is an option of AWS Certified DevOps Engineer.
- Operations: To manage and optimize the AWS path through architectural and developers, there is SysOps certification for initial category and for the upper part, there is DevOps Certification program.
To appear in AWS certification program, you should keep below points in your mind:
- Each certification program holds a single exam to pass.
- Exam has multiple choice and multi-answer questions.
- The cost of the associate level exam is $150 and you will get 80 minutes to complete that test.
- The professional level exam cost $300 and you get 170 minutes to answer the questions.
- There is a prerequisite to attend professional level exam to qualify the associate level certification.
- There is recertify exam after every 2 years to keep the skill sharp and up to date.
- Recertification exam costs &75 and 80 minutes to complete the test.
Now, let’s dive into each category of certification to understand it better.
- AWS Architecture Certifications: This category includes two AWS certifications - AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate and AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional. The main prerequisite of both the certifications is having the design analytics ability to deploy the applications on AWS platform.
IN AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, you will learn how to migrate the on-premises application to AWS Cloud, identify and select data, compute, database or security services etc. It helps to meet the business requirements with a detailed understanding of cost estimating. On the other hand, The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional covers these topics on the advanced levels like migrating more complex and multi-tiered application to AWS.
- AWS Developing Certifications: This category includes the two AWS certifications that are AWS Certified Developer – Associate and AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional.
AWS Certified Developer – Associate select appropriate AWS services to write the codes using AWS software development kits (SDKs) by incorporating the necessary security mechanisms such as identity and access management, encryption and so on. The minimum experience required in developing applications for Amazon Simple Storage Service, Amazon DynamoDB and other AWS services. On the other hand, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional dives into provisioning and management of distributed application systems that run on AWS. In addition, AWS recommends at least two years of relevant experience with associated technologies and programming languages, automation, scripting and Agile processes.
- AWS Operations Certifications: This category includes AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate. This certification program is all about deploying and managing operations throughout a project's life cycle on the AWS platform. This certification also covers best practices and operational costs. For advanced level, you can do AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional (discussed above).
Career and Job with AWS Certifications:
AWS certifications are vendor-specific an expected to find employment with AWS, companies using AWS platforms, or consultant to those companies. Also, the job positions are aligned according to certifications such as solution architect, AWS developer, System Operator, System Engineer, as well as IT specialist and evangelist. Over the years, AWS career trend is expected to shine brightly, highly stable and extremely promising.
According to popular job sites in India and outside India (Glassdoor, Indeed, and SimplyHired), AWS certified professionals are very high in demand. There are more vacancies than the available resources. A report by, the salary of AWS technical positions will be in six-figure or an average of $114,000, which includes it in the top five highest paying certifications in the United States and Canada.
So, what are you waiting for just grab the opportunity to become an AWS certified professional if you want your salary in six figures by joining a prestigious training course? Hub4tech can be one of your best choices if you are looking the quality technical training provider on the latest technology. Our specialty is that we will give you chance to learn directly from the industry experts and opportunity to work on real-time projects. If you want to know more about our training program, please call us here to speak with our specialists.
You can also write us your query at email@example.com with your mobile number and we can arrange the call back to you. If you are self-learner, check out your level by participating in our online assessment programs.
To read our all blogs, please click here. Stay tuned to our Facebook and LinkedIn page to more updates and the latest tech news.