PHP is a programming language for building dynamic, interactive Web sites. PHP programs run on a Web server, and serve Web pages to visitors on request.
What exactly does the phrase “ dynamic, interactive Web sites ” mean? A dynamic Web page is a page whose contents can change automatically each time the page is viewed. Meanwhile, an interactive Web site is a site that responds to input from its visitors. A simple example is a “ contact us ” form, where visitors filling out and sending a form, which is then emailed to the Webmaster.
What is PHP?
Characteristics of PHP
- PHP is a recursive acronym for "PHP Hypertext Preprocessor"
- PHP is an open source scripting language. It is integrated with a number of popular databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- PHP is used to manage databases, dynamic content, session tracking, and in building e-commerce sites.
- PHP performs system functions. It can perform various actions (create, open, read, write etc) on files.
- PHP handles forms and can collect form data.
- Restriction to users for accessing some pages can be possible through PHP.
- PHP can send and receive cookies.
- PHP can encrypt data
- PHP runs on various platforms and compatible with almost all servers
- Download PHP free from the official Website: www.php.net
- Simplicity, Efficiency, Security, Flexibility, Familiarity make PHP very easy to use.